MEMBER OF THE MONTH
Every month we introduce one of our members, this month's featured member is Sian Jones.
1. How long have you been running ?
I started running about 15 years ago by training for a Race for Life 5k
2. How long have you been with CRC?
I have been a member of Caerleon RC for about 10 years...my first training run was Moorings Meander where club legend Gwyn Howells looked after me.
3. What inspired you to start running?
I have always had an interest in fitness and sport of some sort and was looking for a different challenge.
4. What motivates you to keep running?
I like setting myself challenges and trying different types of events and distances.
5. What is your running ambition?
To keep running for as long as I can and still enjoy getting out.
6. What do you consider your proudest moment?
Completing my first marathon in Snowdon.. Gareth & I trained together and then ran the event together as well.
7. What is your favourite race and why?
It is difficult to choose as there are a number of races I have enjoyed over the years ..but generally anything off road with plenty of mud and hills !!!
8. What is your favourite music to run to or what do you think about while running?
I am generally thinking about what I will eat when I get home!
9. What advice would you give to new runner?
Join a club as this is a great way to get advice and knowledge from others. Also leave your watch at home for some training runs and just enjoy being outside without worrying about times, pace, distance etc