MEMBER OF THE MONTH
Every month we introduce one of our members, this month's featured member is Sadie Tovey.
1. How long have you been running ?
I have been running on and off for about 15 years, but rarely more than a few miles and not consistently.
2. How long have you been with CRC?
I came to CRC in August through the next steps programme.
3. What inspired you to start running?
My friend Dawn asked if I wanted to do the Cardiff Half, I said yes and that was what prompted me to start running again.
4. What motivates you to keep running?
Being part of CRC keeps me motivated, using Strava means I can see myself improving week after week. I also have a supportive(nagging) husband which helps on the days when I don’t feel like running.
5. What is your running ambition?
At the time of writing these answers my goal was to complete a Half Marathon in under 2 hrs, and I am very proud to say that I have now achieved this goal within 5 months of being at Caerleon Running Club. My goal is now to improve on my time of 1:58 at the Caerleon RC Half Marathon in March. My long term running ambition is to compete in an ultra race.
6. What do you consider your proudest moment?
Joining the club was a big step for me; I can be quite nervous in new situations, but everyone was so welcoming.
7. What is your favourite race and why?
I have never raced before but I am looking forward to the club HM in March and the trip to Palma in October where I will run a HM with other club members.
8. What is your favourite music to run to or what do you think about while running?
I love a bit of old school 90’s R&B.
9. What advice would you give to a new runner?
Join a club if you can, be consistent, be ambitious, but most importantly; enjoy yourself.